NewFound Families Virginia is here to support you during this difficult time.
The Coronavirus is stressful for all of us and we are looking for ways to alleviate the burden.
We want to be sure we do everything possible to support our families, and as a result we are looking at virtual options that allow you to engage with training, support groups, etc. Specifically, we are looking at helping to connect foster families with their peer support groups and professionals without having to leave the home.
Attention Foster Parents: Please take our survey on COVID-19!
Please contact us if you are interested and let us know how we can help.
Scroll down or click on a link to jump to the specific resources below:
- Latest Coronavirus News & Alerts
- COVID-19 Information
- Educational Resources
- Food Resources
- Child Care for Essential Personnel
NewFound Families is partnering with Virginia's Kids Belong to help deliver Foster Care Survival Kits. Click the image below to learn more!
We will keep this list updated as much as possible, so please check back often in this rapidly-evolving situation.
- Virginia Foster Care Policy Recommendations: https://vakids.org/our-news/blog/covid-19-virginia-foster-care-policy-recommendations
- Direct links to your school district: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/directories/schools/school_info_by_regions.shtml
- Governor Northam Orders Statewide Closure of Certain Non-Essential Businesses, K-12 Schools – Governor's News Release, March 23, 2020
- VDOE Preparing Application for Statewide Testing Waiver (Word) – VDOE News Release, March 20, 2020
- State Superintendent Explores Assessment and Accreditation Flexibility for Virginia Schools; Requests US Department of Education to Consider Statewide Testing Waivers (Word) – VDOE News Release, March 17, 2020
- Governor Northam Orders All Virginia K-12 Schools Closed for Minimum of Two Weeks – Governor's News Release, March 13, 2020
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) page on Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fcases-in-us.html
- Cleaning to combat Covid-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/cleaning-disinfection.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fcommunity%2Fhome%2Fcleaning-disinfection.html
- CDC Info on Travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- School Meal Finder if child had free lunches: https://schoolmealfinder.hoonuit.com
- List of Approved Meal Service Sites as of March 23, 2020
- Social Emotional Learning: https://casel.org/covid-resources/
- Text “Food” or “Comida” to *877 877*
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Flyer on talking with children about infectious disease outbreaks.
- Talking to your younger children about Covid-19: https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/3210-tips-for-families-coronavirus
- Talking to your older children about Covid-19: https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource