June SYF Webinar: Working Through Unique Sibling Relationship Challenges in Foster & Adoptive Families
Most parents want their children to reap the benefits of strong, positive sibling relationships. Sibling relationships are oftentimes one of the longest relationships a person will have in their lifetime. Being brought up together with the same parents and shared history can offer the potential for a unique relationship based on love, friendship, common memories and similar experiences.
In this webinar, C.A.S.E. Clinical Supervisor will focus on how the complexities involved in foster care and adoption impact family dynamics and the relationships of siblings who are being raised together in the same family.
LIVE Webinar Event Thursday, June 13th 1PM – 2:30PM EST
Extended Access Available June 13th – July 11th
Ms. Zimmerman will address:
- What is it like when new children come into the home?
- How does fostering or the adoption of a child with special needs impact the children (by birth, foster care or adoption) already in the home?
- The unique experience of birth children in a family expanding through foster care/adoption
- How to prepare and support children already in the home
- How to manage parental feelings/reactions to changes in family dynamics and sibling relationship challenges
- Relationships between children’s siblings and their “separated” birth siblings
- When professional assistance is needed
To register for this event please go to : https://adoptionsupport.org/store/fosteringsiblingrelationships/
Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 1:00 pm
Event End Date
Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 2:30 pm
Per person registration fee