The 4th Annual Adoption Conference will be held on November 20 and 21 at the
OMNI CHARLOTTESVILLE HOTEL
212 Ridge McIntire Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
To book your room, please click on the link below:
Bookmark this page for more information coming soon!
Please join us for various topics related to parenting a child, teen, or young adult with ADHD/ADD. We occasionally have a guest speaker, so sign up for upcoming announcements.
We invite you to discover all the adoption programs we offer. We'll provide a snapshot of these programs and offer information on the children who are waiting for a safe, loving family. You will also learn how to make adoption more affordable with grants, loans, and tax credits.
Info at a Glance:
- ·Event: Relationship Education Matters for You Too: Preventing Burnout Through Self-Care
- ·Sponsor: National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
- ·Date: Thursday, July 25th
- ·Time: 2:00pm-3:30pm EST
- ·Registration link: http://icfconsulting.adobeconnect.com/edjsy0jilnel/event/registration.html
Join the National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families (Resource Center) for a new webinar that highlights the importance of self-care especially for those working in the human services field. Human service staff are constantly exposed to emotionally demanding situations that can eventually affect their own health, personal relationships, and ability to serve their clients. This can lead to what is commonly referred to as compassion fatigue.Human service providers and administrators also face high amounts of job-related stress, especially when helping with children and families that have or are experiencing abuse or neglect. This work can put staff at risk of secondary trauma or secondary traumatic stress.
Join us to learn how healthy relationship strategies have been utilized within organizations to improve staff well-being and promote self-care. Speakers will discuss strategies for navigating stressors to prevent burnout at work and maintain healthy relationships at home. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about free research-based resources and technical assistance available to help you and your agency better support families including your own.
- Lisa Tieszen, M.A., LICSW, Senior Partner, Resilience Works
- Karen Johnson, LCSW, Senior Director, Trauma Informed Services, National Council for Behavioral Health
Facilitator: Robyn Cenizal, Director, National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families
- ·Tune into our free webinar on July 25th to learn new strategies for preventing workplace #burnout through #healthyrelationshipskills! Register here:http://icfconsulting.adobeconnect.com/edjsy0jilnel/event/registration.html
- ·Employee stress costs American businesses $6.8 billion each year in increased health care costs, lower productivity, absenteeism and turnover. Join our free webinar on July 25th to hear experts discuss strategies for preventing compassion fatigue. Register here:http://icfconsulting.adobeconnect.com/edjsy0jilnel/event/registration.html
- ·Tune into our free webinar on July 25th to learn new strategies for helping prevent #compassionfatigue through #healthyrelationshipskills! Register here:http://icfconsulting.adobeconnect.com/edjsy0jilnel/event/registration.html
Want to learn more about becoming a foster parent? Join us for an open and honest conversation about getting involved with the foster care system in Hampton Roads and get your questions answered.
FREE EVENT- A multipurpose annual event for everyone. Come play games, participate in the raffle/ silent action. We plan on music, bouncy house, FOOD, vendors, give-away's, CCSD, HPD, Shriners, EMS, dunk tank, corn hole and more. Come learn about what it takes to be a foster or adoptive parent, buy some goodies or play the raffle to support kids in foster care! CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
New for 2019 is Camp Together Again!
This Camp Is specially designed for siblings separated thruough foster care, adoption, or kinship care and their families. A full weekend of family fun for all!
Lodging, meals, and supplies are provided. Registration is required and will open in March 2019!
For more information or if you wish to volunteer or support this camp please contact Shannon Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-623-0881 ext 1519
Funded by Sunshine Lady Foundation and Sponsored by NewFound Families